Close Up Photo of Camellia Sasanqua – Flower That Looks Like a Rose
This is the portrait of Sasanqua Camellia flower, a form of Camellia plant that grows initially in China and Japan. The Camellia flower petals come in colors from white to dark pink. There are 100–300 described species, with several controversy over the exact number. There are moreover around 3,000 hybrids. Camellias are recognized throughout East Asia; they are well-known as cháhua in Chinese, “tea flower”, an apt Nickname, as tsubaki in Japanese, as dongbaek-kkot in Korean and as hoa trà or hoa chè in Vietnamese.
In the garden sasanqua camellias cultivate as evergreen shrubs from a compact 1m high to further than 4m high. Large forms left unpruned may befall small trees. Sasanquas can be grown as specimen plants but their perfect role in the garden as is to be grown as dwarf, medium or tall hedges. Camellias can also be grown in large containers in a courtyard, on a deck, or as statement plants at the main entrance to your home.
Sasanqua camellias form a dense evergreen hedge 2-3m tall in three to five years. When choosing camellias for hedging, choose named varieties that grow to the height and width required and space them 50-90cm apart. Install a drip or micro-spray irrigation system along the length of the hedge to aid watering. Use stakes to support the new plants. The stakes can be removed as the trunk thickens after the first year.
The various species of camellia plants are generally well-adapted to acidic soils rich in humus, and most species do not grow well on chalky soil or other calcium-rich soils. Camellia plants commonly have a fast growth rate. Typically they will grow more or less 30 cm per year until mature – though this does vary depending on their variety and geographical location.
Furthermore, feel free to visit our gallery of 20 pictures of flowers that look like a rose at the links below:
20 Pictures of Flowers that look like roses
- Begonia Flower as One of Flowers That Look Like Roses
- Top 10 Flowers That Look Like Roses – #05 – Double Impatiens
- Top 10 Flowers That Look Like Roses – #09 – Gardenia
- Flowers That Look Like Roses with Pink Ranunculus Flower
- Marigold Flower Wallpaper in HD Resolution
- Top 10 Flowers That Look Like Roses – #02 – Camellia
- Top 10 Flowers That Look Like Roses – #07 – Lisianthus
- Flowers That Look Like Roses – Gardenia Flower
- Top 10 Flowers That Look Like Roses – #06 – Ranunculus
- Top 10 Flowers That Look Like Roses – #01 – Dahlia
- Picture of Flower That Looks Like a Rose in Pink for Wallpaper
- Flower That Looks Like A Rose with Soft Pink Camellia
- Flower That Looks Like A Rose with White Camellia Japonica
- Lisianthus White and Purple – Flowers That Look Like Roses
- Flowers That Look Like Roses with French Marigold Picture
- Flowers That Look Like Roses with Yellow Double Tulips
- Close Up Photo of Camellia Sasanqua – Flower That Looks Like a Rose
- High Resolution Picture of Flower That Looks Like A Rose with White Ranunculus
- Flower That Looks Like A Rose with Eustoma Flower Picture in Close Up
- Top 10 Flowers That Look Like Roses – #04 – Carnation